G238 is our state of the art heat resistant coating designed for professionals looking for a high performance coating for wheels/plastics and all metallic surfaces such as engine components, under carriages and calipers.
G238 contains our carbon quartz technology which creates an extremely hard elasticated glass layer on its substrate- protecting it from UV degradation, chemical fallout, dirt, oil and grime.
G238 also has a rejuvenation feature which enhances the colour of wheels, calipers and other coloured metals which offers aestically pleasing improvements.
Our sophisticated carbon quartz technology allows the coatings cross linking nature to expand and contract under the stress of extreme heat, this allows it to further harden then return to its original form. Treated surfaces are Chemical resistant and non stick.
Due to the nature of the coating we have 2 versions. G238 v1 provides protection with hydrophilic characteristics. G238 v2 provides protection with superhydrophobic characteristics .
Perfect for Professional Protection of:
- Alloy Wheels
- Road bike frames
- Engine components
- Exhaust systems
- Carbon fibre components
- Wheel nuts
- Rubber seals
- Heat resistant to 900c. G238 v2 600c
- Low Solvent based
- Durability: Maximum 24 months on metallic surfaces, up to 12months for plastics
- Thickness layer: up to 2 Microns
- Water contact angle: 95 degrees. G238 v2 115 degrees
- PH tolerance: 2-12
- Hardness: Max 10H on metallic substrate
- Consumption: 5/ml per wheel
- Instant bonding
*please carry out test patch before applying to Magnesium.
Durability is dependent on the quality of application.
- Fully clean surface using a pH controlled iron fall out remover.
- Dry wheels and degrease with ISO Alcohol/Panel prep.
- Apply sparingly to a lint free cotton pad.
- Apply an even layer.
- Allow a minimum of 5 minutes before removal with a microfiber cloth.
- Please wait 1 hour if applying 2nd coat.
- It is extremely important to avoid contact with water / moisture for 24 hours
- Professional application method- This provides maximum durability
- Use LVLP or Airbrush application
- Set compressor to 15-20 psi
- Spray substrate evenly
- Remove excess with a microfiber cloth after a minimum time of 5 minutes
- Cure with IR - set lamps to 60°C for 15 minutes per asset.
- Asset will be fully cured.